Wednesday, February 20, 2013

Words Of Life

"My son, pay attention to what I say; listen closely to my words. Do not let them out of your sight, keep them within your heart for they are life to those who find them and health to a man's whole body."
Proverbs 4: 20-22

How many times has a portion of scripture that was memorized long ago, or perhaps a stanza from a favorite hymn, risen to the surface at just the right moment?

"Fear not for I am with you always."
"For God so loved the world that he gave his only begotten Son..."
"The Lord is my Shepherd."
"Great is thy faithfulness, Lord unto me."
"Thou shalt not steal."
"My ways are not your ways."
"Trust in God, trust also in me."
"Today, you will be with me in paradise."

I cannot imagine a life devoid of these marvelous words of life! Lord, may I tuck them deep into my heart, never letting them out of my sight, until I am brought home to you. Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment