Sunday, February 17, 2013

I Don't Get It

"Trust in the Lord with all your heart and lean not on your own understanding; in all your ways acknowledge him and he will make your paths straight."
Proverbs 3: 5 & 6

Think about all the things that are beyond our understanding. How does a FAX machine work? How does a microwave heat my food? How is a baby formed in the womb? Why do bad things happen to good people?
I know a sweet, Christian couple whose infant son suddenly died, perhaps from SIDS. Why? They were loving parents with a firm foundation in the Lord. One day, they were tucking him into his flannel lined crib and, too soon, their tears dripped on the tiny coffin as it was lowered into the sod. Why did this happen?
There is so much I just don't get, but then, I am not asked to understand, but to just trust Him with all of my heart. Just keep giving it over to Him and He will straighten it all out someday.
That is a very hard thing to do, to surrender all. God, help me to do so!

No comments:

Post a Comment