Saturday, December 1, 2012

A Lasting Impression

"By faith Abel offered God a better sacrifice than Cain did. By faith he was commended as a righteous man, when God spoke well of his offerings. And by faith, he still speaks, even though he is dead."
Hebrews 11:4

     Often we wish to make a good first impression because we believe that will last the longest in the memories of others. But what impression will I make long after I am gone from this world? Here, I read about Abel who was perhaps the fourth person ever created, and his righteousness teaches me about the selfless love that pleases God thousands of years after he lived.
     Lord, when I think about all the times I've been short-tempered or huffy with others, when I've grumbled and groused until I've driven people away, I am ashamed of the negative impression I have left. My facial expressions, body language and actions often speak louder than my words. Like Abel, the way I live my life may emanate from beyond my grave! How I would much rather be remembered for my love for you, yet if I am totally honest with myself, I know I am sorely lacking. Father, keep constructing me, molding me into a Godly woman who makes a Christ-like impression on others.

No comments:

Post a Comment