Saturday, November 24, 2012

Respect The Healer

"The centurion replied, 'Lord, I do not deserve to have you come under my roof.  But just say the word and my servant will be healed. For I myself am a man under authority, with soldiers under
me. '"
Matthew 8:8

Although this man wants something of Jesus (to heal his servant), he gives Him due respect, humbling himself before his creator. He recognizes the authority that Jesus has and compares it to his smallness. "Lord, I do not deserve to have you come under my roof..."
How many times have I rattled off requests without bothering to humble myself and exalt God first? The One to whom I pray is the Great I Am, the Ancient of Days, the Glorified One who sits upon heaven's throne amid saints and angels! All authority under heaven and earth emanate from Him! When I approach his mercy seat, I should "fall at his feet as though dead", like John did in Revelation 1:17.
Lord, forgive me, for you alone are the Almighty God. I do not deserve to have you.

No comments:

Post a Comment