Wednesday, December 26, 2012

Walk With God

"Noah was a righteous man, blameless among the people of his time, and he walked with God."
Genesis 5:9

     The people of Noah's time were so violent and corrupt to the core that, the Bible says, only evil abided in their hearts all the time. God brought the great flood to wipe the slate clean of mankind; only Noah and his family were saved.
     When I read the paper or watch the society I live in, mingled with the stories of crimes committed, I also see redeeming stories of compassion or generosity. But, in Noah's day, was this so? How could this one guy be blameless when everyone around him was evil, 24/7? Were his parents part of that crowd? What of his siblings? Who taught him right from wrong? Who was his role model? The answer is God. Noah walked with God.
     Even when the world around me becomes desecrated, God is there to walk beside me. I will put my hand in His.

No comments:

Post a Comment