Sunday, January 3, 2021

Senseless Salvation

 "But a man who commits adultery has no sense; whoever does so destroys himself. Blows and disgrace are his lot, and his shame will never be wiped away." Proverbs 6: 32 & 33

    These words jumped off the page, convicting me to the very core of my being. I am an adulteress. It brings me to my knees to even write this, but it's true. God knows it. I know it. Why not just say it? Beneath the carefully arranged life, there lies a scarlet letter. The wages of my sin is shame, disgrace and death - the death of integrity, of social standing, of family strength. I cannot stand up with pride and say, as a virtuous woman, I did everything right.

    Then the Holy Spirit showed me something new as I reread the verses. The cross has no sense! That Jesus should become sin for someone like me makes no sense! He took my blows, my disgrace and my shame as He hung naked on the cross, stricken, smitten and afflicted. I am reminded it is by His stripes I am healed. The punishment that brought me peace was laid upon Him with heavy blows. He has replaced the disgrace of my scarlet letter with His own white, seamless robe and given me a crown of righteousness in place of ashes. He wore my crown of thorns.

    Daily, I ask myself, "Is Jesus your king?" and the answer is always a thousand times yes! He has wiped away my shame and given me a new identity: Daughter of the King. Child of God. I don't understand it - it makes no sense - but I believe it with all my heart. Thank you, King Jesus! I love you.

No comments:

Post a Comment