Friday, January 15, 2021

One Nation Under God

 "After this I looked, and there before me was a great multitude that no one could count, from every nation, tribe, people and language, standing before the throne and before the Lamb. They were wearing white robes and were holding palm branches in their hands. And they cried out in a loud voice: 'Salvation belongs to our God, who sits on the throne, and to the Lamb.'" Revelation 7: 9,10

    A T-shirt I saw recently proclaimed, "When I die, don't let me vote Democrat." Humorous, perhaps, but, thankfully, full of theological holes. You see, because I trust solely in the saving grace of Jesus Christ, I will be going to heaven when I die. One thing that makes it a heavenly place is that there is no voting! It'll be the greatest government, a supreme theocracy, under which we will gladly serve. Imagine peace, prosperity, faultless justice and immutable authority! Of His kingdom there shall be no end! (Luke 1:33)

    "Of the greatness of his government and peace there will be no end. He will reign on David's throne and over his kingdom, establishing and upholding it with justice and righteousness from that time on and forever. The zeal of the Lord Almighty will accomplish this." (Isaiah 9:7)

    Above my bathroom mirror, I've painted this question on the wall: "Is Jesus Your King?" Before I even brush my teeth, I am aligning myself in the true perspective, acknowledging my allegiance to God in whom I trust and preparing to walk in the way that leads to life, which is wherever my Shepherd takes me. This kingdom, of which I am a part, is the one true nation under God, indivisible, with liberty and justice for all who come to the foot of the cross, confess their sins and accept the free gift of salvation.

    No donkey or elephant can ever supplant the Lamb. He gets my vote every time!

No comments:

Post a Comment