Tuesday, January 26, 2021

Cat Got Your Tongue?

 "'Woe to me,' I cried. 'I am ruined! For I am a man of unclean lips, and I live among a people of unclean lips, and my eyes have seen the King, the Lord Almighty.'" Isaiah 6:5

"This was the appearance of the likeness of the glory of the Lord. When I saw it, I fell facedown, and I heard the voice of one speaking." Ezekiel 1:28

"So I was left alone, gazing at this great vision; I had no strength left, my face turned deathly pale and I was helpless." Daniel 10:8

    The people who saw Jesus during his time on earth were beholding an every day kind of guy. A carpenter's son from an unremarkable town called Nazareth, he was nothing to write home about, just by looking at him. In fact, Isaiah 53:2 said, "He had no beauty or majesty to attract us to him, nothing in his appearance that we should desire him." If I lived in Galilee at that time, I wonder if I would realize who is was that just walked by?

    But, had they seen the glorified Christ as described by the Apostle John in Revelation, chapter one, they'd have been arrested by his majesty! Probably feeling like the cat had his tongue, John did his best to describe the indescribable: a robe sashed with gold over feet of bronze, snow-white hair, the voice of rushing waters and a face that shone like the sun in all its brilliance. John, who had been a close disciple and friend of Jesus during his three year ministry, was so stunned by this Jesus that he "fell at his feet as though dead." (Rev. 1:17)

    When the question was raised to me, "If you stood face to face with the Savior of the world, what would you ask him," I was so taken aback by the thought of seeing Jesus that I couldn't utter a word, much less form a question. Once I got past that, however, I would like to know why God loves us so much. What's there to love? "What is man that you are mindful of him; the son of man that you should care for him?" (Psalm 8:4) After all, there are days when I can't even stand myself. The only conclusion I came up with is that's just who He is! God is love so how could He be anything else? Even so, some things I just won't understand completely until I get to heaven. Maybe then I'll ask Jesus my question.

    What would you ask?

    

No comments:

Post a Comment