Saturday, March 29, 2014

WWJP?

     If Jesus knelt by my side, hands clasped, head bowed, what would he pray? That's an awesome thought: Jesus praying for me?

     When I read John 17: 20-26, it gives me insight to the answer of my question. Verse 24 says, "Father, I want those you've given me to be with me where I am, and to see my glory, the glory you've given me because you loved me before the creation of the world."

     If I personalize this even more, it drives the message home: "Father, I want Rachel to be with me. Please can she come, too, to live with us for all eternity?"

     I'll get to see Jesus in all his glory and experience the love that's been present since before creation. This is Jesus' prayer for me, for all believers.

     To continue, I will paraphrase verses 25 and 26, inserting my name: "Righteous Father, though the world does not know you, I know you and Rachel knows that you sent me. I have made you known to her, and will continue to make you known in order that the love you have for me may be in her, and that I myself may be in her."

     How intimate! How intensely loving this prayer becomes when I insert my name.

     Jesus, I love you so much. I am so happy tha you protect me, love me, save me and want me to be with you where you are, where you will wipe away every tear, where there will be no more death, or mourning, or sorrow or pain. (Revelation 21:4).

No comments:

Post a Comment