Sunday, March 2, 2014

Plugged in to the Source

"I am the vine; you are the branches. If a man remains in me and I in him, he will bear much fruit apart from me you can do nothing."
John 15:5

     My home in Painesville was affected by the power outage today. I was quickly reminded how dependant I am on my power source as the house grew colder and colder. The electric blanket no longer kept me warm as I slept. Since we have a gas stove, we were able to make instant coffee which helped but, even with long underwear, a woolen hat and scarf, three blankets and two cats on me, I was becoming miserably cold. Sixteen hours without heat was a real challenge.

     When the power was restored, I was so glad to return to my normal life: take off my Carhartt coat, watch a little television and work on writing this blog. I felt protected, cared for, embraced.

     During some down times in my life, I have allowed my sinful life to disconnect me from the Power Source. Outside of right living with God, I felt cold and miserable. Once I finally came to my senses, the Good Father embraced me like the Prodigal Son who made his way home. A ring was placed on my finger, a robe replaced my tattered clothes and the fatted calf was served up with dessert! Why would I ever want to leave again?

     Stay connected to God, our omnipotent source, and you will never be cold and miserable.

No comments:

Post a Comment