Sunday, March 23, 2014

Live Up to His Name

"A good name is more desirable than great riches; to be esteemed is better than silver or gold."
Proverbs 22:1

     My husband asked me if I liked having his name. I most certainly do, but I teased him by saying, "If your last name had been Twinklebean, I would not have married you."

     As the Bride of Christ, I also have taken on a name - the Name of Christ. With it, I have a responsibility not to drag his name through the mud by my actions. It's a good name that I never wish to profane.

     "At the name of Jesus, every knee shall bow, in heaven and on earth and under the earth." (Philippians 2:10) There is power, prestige, healing and respect that embody that name. I shall strive to live up to that name by living in faith.

No comments:

Post a Comment