Thursday, February 27, 2014

The Silent Listener

"For we are the temple of the living God. As God has said, 'I will live with them and walk among them, and I will be their God and they will be my people.'"
2 Corinthians 6:16

"I will make an everlasting covenant with them: I will never stop doing good to them, and I will inspire them to fear me, so that they will never turn away from me."
Jeremiah 32:40

     I am a temple, a holy dwelling place, for God. Everytime I walk among the people, God goes with me. When I go to lunch with a friend, watch a movie or go to work, he goes too. He's a silent listener to every conversation. When I pass another person whom I know to be a believer, there goes God!

     Why do people want to have God living in them? What did he do to inspire us to fear him and never turn away from him?

     It all points to the love of Christ poured out for us on the cross. By becoming sin for me, by loving me and dying for me while I was an ugly sinner, by his stripes healing me...this is my foundation of love for God. And this is only the beginning! He has promised to come again and take me back with him to a mansion he has prepared just for me. He seals his bargain with his Spirit who richly provided all the faith, power and peace I need to sustain me.

No comments:

Post a Comment