Wednesday, December 4, 2013

You are NOT God's Favorite!

"Serve wholeheartedly, as if you were serving the Lord, not men, because you know that the Lord will reward everyone for whatever good he does, whether slave or free."
Ephesians 6: 7, 8

     Recently, I changed jobs. I went from being a secretary to working in the kitchen. This new job pays less and I wear a uniform, not dressy clothes. No nail polish or jewelry is permitted. Sneakers have replaced my heels. Does what I wear make me a better or lesser person? Should I think that a menial labor job is beneath me?

     Heavens, no! Unlike people, God is impartial and does not show favoritism. He cares little if I am a corporate manager or a beverage server; what matters is the goodness, kindness or gentleness that reside in my spirit, coming to fruition as I work. These are the traits that make every person successful.

No comments:

Post a Comment