Saturday, December 28, 2013

Fear Not!

"And there were shepherds living out in the fields nearby, keeping watch over their flocks at night. An angel of the Lord appeared to them and the glory of the Lord shone around them, and they were terrified. But the angel said to them, 'Do not be afraid...'"
Luke 2: 8-10

I can't really say I believe in ghosts, but I do believe in the unseen world consisting of angels and demons because the Bible talks about them.

One night, I awoke to see an apparition, ten feet tall, hovering in a quivering way over the foot of my bed! Thinking I was dreaming, I blinked my eyes several times, but it did not disappear. Sheer terror struck my heart as it leaped and raced in a sickening way. Fear and adrenaline coursed through my body as I woke my disbelieving husband. I know I saw something. Whether its intentions were good or evil, I do not know.

Although it went away, how was I going to sleep in that room again? Would it return? In faith, I turned to the One who is omniscient, omnipotent and omnipresent. As I prayed for protection from the enemy, the peace that passes all understanding encompassed my soul as I heard the voice of Jesus say, "Fear not." Just as the shepherds were immediately calmed, so was I. I slept in peace, like a baby.

No comments:

Post a Comment