Saturday, December 21, 2013

Follow The Star

"After they heard the king, they went on their way, and the star they had seen in the east went ahead of them, until it stopped over the place where the child was."
Matthew 2:9

"Your word is a lamp unto my feet and a light unto my path."
Psalm 119:105

     The star in the east showed the magi in the Christmas story where to find the King of the Jews so they could worship him, presenting their gifts. Like one of those advertising beams that scan the night sky, the light of the star showed them the way.

     In a similar way, God's word is a light unto my path, showing me the way. What a veritable treasure the Bible is! It sheds light on how the world began and how it will end, how the people fell from grace and how God picked them back up time and again.  Most importantly, it leads me to the Babe of Bethlehem, on to the Sea of Galilee and over to the cross of Calvary. It shines light into the empty tomb, showing me the folded grave clothes. It illuminates the ascending Christ who promised to come back again, taking us to be with him in Paradise. I am not left in the dark since the Bible frankly tells me:

     "For God so loved the world that He gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believes in him shall not perish, but shall have eternal life." (John 3:16)

     Follow the star by reading the Bible. You will never be lost.

No comments:

Post a Comment