Saturday, March 9, 2013

What Lasts Forever?

"Heaven and earth will pass away, but my words will never pass away."
Luke 21:33

One day, all that I see and know to be real, concrete and reliable will die. The Laws of Gravity will be broken. The very firmament I stand upon will be gone. The stars will fall, the moon will be shaken as all nature heaves. Government, society, family - all will pass away. In Luke chapter 21, Jesus describes scenes of terror: "Nations will be in anguish and perplexity at the roaring and tossing of the sea...the heavenly bodies will be shaken." No one will be exempt "for it will come upon all those who live on the face of the earth."
Yet throughout all of this, Jesus' word will always be! Thank God for the Holy Scriptures and I have them right here on my dining room table! No wonder God tells me to write the words on the tablet of my heart so I may stand firm in any situation.
The next time you see a Bible, don't pass it by. Pause and digest the eternal words. Belief in Jesus will save your soul!

No comments:

Post a Comment