Saturday, March 2, 2013

Surrender, Jesus!

"So Pilate decided to grant their demand. He released the man who had been thrown into prison for insurrection and murder, the one they had asked for, and surrendered Jesus to their will."
Luke 23: 24 & 25

I was struck by these words: "surrendered Jesus to their will". Indeed Jesus gave Himself up for us all, willingly, but look what happened when He surrendered to mankind. He, an innocent man, was mocked, insulted, falsely accused, beaten, injustly sentenced to death by crucifixtion.
But, what happens when I surrender to Him? I wear the robe and crown of righteousness that I in no way deserve. I have life abundant in His name.
I am not mocked.
I am not insulted.
I am not accused.
I am not beaten.
I am not sentenced to death.
I am freed!
Freed from all that I deserve because Jesus took my place. I surrender all to you, Lord. I would be a fool not to!

No comments:

Post a Comment