Saturday, March 9, 2013

God is Not Idle

"Yet the Lord longs to be gracious to you; he rises to show you compassion, for the Lord is a God of justice. Blessed are all who wait for him...Whether you turn to the right or to the left, your ears will hear a voice behind you saying, 'This is the way; walk in it.'"
Isaiah 30: 18, 21

I love these verses because they demonstrate an active, loving God: He longs, He rises, He speaks. He did not only hand me Life's Instruction Manual (the Bible) and then go sit down on his throne. No. He rises from his seat when I've fallen into despair, helping me up with a compassionate embrace. I can visualize his concerned expression, his soothing words, as he follows me, advising me which way to turn. He actively cares for me.
I will gladly wait upon you, Lord, so I don't run ahead and get lost.

No comments:

Post a Comment