Saturday, March 23, 2013

I Want To Die

"For to me, to live is Christ and to die is gain."
Philippians 1:21

When I was younger, I feared death. I did not want my mom and dad to die, nor did I want to leave this world. My ties to those around me were too strong. I was not yet dependant on Christ. But, as I've aged and gone through various valleys, seen the beauties of creation, tested the mechanics of faith, I see that "to die is gain." Why the change of heart? It's because I have been living in Christ. As I live in him, I want to see his face, explore his neighborhood, dine at his table, listen to his hearty laughter. As long as I am on this side of the chasm, I will see but a poor reflection, but when I cross over, then I shall see my Beautiful Savior face to face and it will be like meeting an old friend.

No comments:

Post a Comment