Saturday, March 2, 2013

What are you searching for?

"He who seeks good finds goodwill, but evil comes to him who searches for it."
Proverbs 11:27

Trouble seems to find troubled people. I read a book about a schizophrenic woman who was seeking to buy cocaine, thinking it would help her find cessation of the voices in her head. She seemed to be able to find all the right connections without even saying a word.
What am I searching for today? May I see the good in others today. May I look for each cloud's silver lining. May I be an optimist whose glass is not only half full, but overflowing with God's blessings. May I actively hunt for God's fingerprints all around me - in creation, in delicious tastes, in sweet aromas and kind words (both spoken and heard). May my hands be open in servitude, not clenched with rage. May I live like Jesus today, courageously empowered by his Holy Spirit.

No comments:

Post a Comment