Saturday, August 25, 2012

God's Original Intent

"Create in me a pure heart, O God, and renew a steadfast spirit within me."
Psalm 51: 10

While peeling a small orange today, I was thanking God for this colorful treat, anticipating its flavor, yet I noticied it was not as juicy as the one I had yesterday. Does this mean it's God's fault, he made it wrong? No. I believe when he created it, each orange had the potential for being as glorious as the original in the Garden of Eden, but inclement weather, incompetent farmers or the passage of time have all taken their toll on the friendly fruit, bringing changes, even though God has tried to protect it with its rind.
God created me with power and potential, but imprints left by circumstances have diminished some of my zest.  I ask God today, on this new day, to restore unto me HIS goals for my life.
What did you have in mind when you created me, Lord?

No comments:

Post a Comment