Saturday, August 18, 2012

A Hearse Pulls No U-Hauls

"Do not be overawed when a man grows rich, when the splendor of his house increases; for he will take nothing with him when he dies, his splendor will not descend with him."
Psalm 49:16

Everything I see will not last, even as I view my own reflection. My spouse, children, pets, belongings...I take nothing with me from here. Then I think about wealthy people who have sprawling homes, many cars and jet planes - they leave it all behind, too. Just as the laws of gravity are absolute, so is this fact: you can't take it with you. What does meet my creator? My soul. This is the safe keeping vessel for my treasures. Like a satchel I can pack for a lengthy stay, this is one thing I can attend to. May I pack it with compassion, mercy, charity, grace and an unconditional love for Jesus who redeemed me.

No comments:

Post a Comment