Thursday, April 15, 2021

This is My Father's World

 "By the word of the Lord the heavens were made, their starry host by the breath of his mouth... Let all the earth fear the Lord; let all the people of the world revere him. For he spoke, and it came to be; he commanded, and it stood firm." Psalm 33:6-9

    With the window slightly ajar, I perform my morning toilette to the solo of the resident robin. The drive in to work is often done in silence, save for the conversation between my Savior and me. Soon, the wonderments around me bring the praise to my lips and, like a child in awe, I tell Jesus what a wonderful world He has made.

    If the nodding daffodils bloomed year round, would I find them as beautiful? I smile at the thought of my majestic God creating such dainty pink blossoms, but then, His ways are not my ways. I can't put Him in a box. What pleasure it must give Him to paint the purply azaleas on the north side of the street, complimented by the sunny forsythias. Then, He laughs to see my head spin to the south side where the brooding sky showcases the frilly pink dress of the crabapple. The rising sun lends its Eastery hues to this Eden moment between God and me. My world, at that time, is perfect: "And God saw that it was good."

    The spirited sparrows occupy the pines by the door I enter for work. Their happy chatter reminds me that I am worth more than many sparrows in God's opinion. They do not sow or reap or store away into barns; their heavenly Father lovingly cares for them, just as He does for me. This exclamation mark ends our morning conversation as I climb the steps to greet my coworkers with a smile. 

    "God saw all that he had made, and it was very good." Genesis 1:31

No comments:

Post a Comment