Saturday, April 24, 2021

The Presence

 "For God who said, 'Let light shine out of darkness,' made His light shine in our hearts to give us the light of God's glory displayed in the face of Christ." 2 Corinthians 4:6

    We've a clock on the nightstand that projects the time onto the ceiling. I've come to rely on this, in the course of night, as it lets me know how much serenity I have remaining before the alarm sounds. When daylight fills the room, though I cannot see the projection, I know it's still there, doing its job. 

    Similarly, this is how it is with the Presence of the Holy Spirit who dwells within me. Throughout the minutiae of the day, I may not "see" Him, yet He's still there, guiding me, even in my sub conscience. When darkness comes in the form of grief, tragedy or trials of any kind, He shines that much brighter. I have but to cry the name of Jesus and light floods my soul, like a dusk-to-dawn in the back yard.

"Abide with me, fast falls the eventide;

The darkness deepens, Lord, with me abide!

When other helpers fail, and comforts flee;

Help of the helpless, O abide with me!" 

No comments:

Post a Comment