Sunday, June 29, 2014

The Freedom of Meriam

"So we fasted and petitioned our God about this, and he answered our prayer."
Ezra 8:23

     Join me in praising God! A few days ago, I petitioned readers of this blog to pray for the safety and release of Meriam Ibrahim, whom an Islamic court had sentenced to flogging and hanging because she refused to renounce her Christian faith. Imagine my unmitigated joy when I heard on the radio that she had been released!

     Praise our Lord God Almighty, for his mercies are fresh every morning. Having now saved Meriam from the death sentence, I can hardly wait to see what His will for her life is.

     You know, when I heard this news, I almost had to sit down, so great was my surprise, but then I wondered, "Why am I surprised?" Time and time again, God is faithful and powerful. Just as he rescued Peter from prison in the New Testament, so he has rescued our sister, Meriam.

     Isaiah 58:9 says, "Then you will call and the Lord will answer. You will cry for help and He will say, 'Here am I.'"

      Thank you for your earnest prayers.

No comments:

Post a Comment