Monday, June 9, 2014

Don't Be So Lazy

"How long will you lie there, you sluggard? When will you get up from your sleep? A little sleep, a little folding of the hands to rest - and poverty will come on you like a bandit and scarcity like an armed man."
Proverbs 6: 9-11

     When I was young, I wanted to be a cat because cats didn't have to do chores; they slept, played, ate and everyone still thought they were cute.

     I complained to my dad once about having to do so much work. His response stuck with me: "If you didn't have work to keep you busy, what would you do?"

     He's right! Life is laborious. Even when I take a vacation, there's a pile of stuff to attend to when I get home. Unless a person wants to live in squallor, that person has to get up and get busy. Like the proverb says, you rest on your laurels for too long and the dust bunnies sneak up to attack.

No comments:

Post a Comment