Wednesday, November 6, 2013

What are the Benefits?

"Praise the Lord, O my soul, and forget not all his benefits - who forgives all your sins and heals all your diseases, who redeems your life from the pit and crowns you with love and compassion, who satisfies your desires with good things so that your youth is renewed like the eagle's."
Psalm 103: 2-5

     I have never been crowned with anything. Probably my only remote chance at this honor was if I were elected homecoming queen in high school, but I was never considered for that. I watched the coronation of Queen Elizabeth on television and wondered what she thought of the thronging crowds, the pomp and circumstance, the responsibility. Living in a castle has its price.

     But check this out: God crowns me with love and compassion! And that is only one of the benefits I receive as his believer. Just as when a person accepts a new job, they want to know "what are the benefits?" Not only do I have the free gift of eternal life and salvation from hell, I have healing, redemption, love, compassion, good things, renewed youth and vitality.

     He loves the world so much that he gave his only begotten Son, yet he also provides all these fringe benefits! Thank you, Dear Lord, for choosing me to crown with love. What others have overlooked, you see. I love you, too.

No comments:

Post a Comment