Sunday, November 17, 2013

Full Body-Off Restoration

"And the God of all grace, who called you to his eternal glory in Christ, after you have suffered a little while, will himself restore you and make you strong, firm and steadfast."
1 Peter 5:10

     An old rusty car sits in a field, forgotten, seemingly useless. It has seen better days.

     Sometimes, I feel like that - weathered by relationships, rusted by stressors of life, all the air is out of the tires and I don't feel like going anywhere.

     So it is that I take great interest in the verse above. God himself will restore me, making me better than I was before! Lovingly, he will rub out the rust and grime left by sin and struggle, replacing it with shiny strength and a steadfast Spirit. With Jesus behind the wheel, I'll be road-worthy, good for another 100,000 miles or 50 years, whichever comes first.

No comments:

Post a Comment