Sunday, November 3, 2013

My Super Hero

"Let them give thanks to the Lord for his unfailing love and his wonderful deeds for men, for he breaks down gates of bronze and cuts through bars of iron."
Psalm 107: 15 & 16

     I adore this Superhero description of what God can do! I can just picture the downtrodden masses huddled behind bars of iron, held in the grip of their nemesis, then God flies in out of nowhere, larger than life (maybe even wearing a cape!). With omnipotence, he breaks down what the strongest man in the masses could not, setting them all free from bondage.

     Don't we all desire someone stronger than we are? Someone wiser, more capable, always there when we need him, ready to leap tall buildings?

     What iron bars has he bent for me? What bronze gates has he cut through? Most importantly, he has freed me from Satan's prison of hopelessness. He has dressed me in the robes of righteousness and made me a daughter of the King. He eases my daily burdens as he hears my cries for help.

     He is my Super Hero.

No comments:

Post a Comment