Saturday, October 12, 2013

Where Were You?

"Where were you when I laid the earth's foundation? Tell me, if you understand. Who marked off its dimensions? Surely you know! Who stretched a measuring line across it? On what were its footings set, or who laid its cornerstone while the morning stars sang together and all the angels shouted for joy?"
Job 38: 4-7

     Humans have built some magnificent structures, like the Dubai Tower, but it takes many people combining their intelect and ability. One person could not construct the tower alone. Plus, he'd have to use materials and foundations that God already provided. Who could create something as amazing as this earth from nothing, by himself?

     I can picture the stars singing together while the angels cheered as God formed each animal. Unique feathers, colorful wings, instinctive capabilites, compound eyes, just the right type of claw or hoof for the environment. So much thought went into each creation. Nocturnal animals will need larger eyes. Cats will need strong legs for jumping, claws for fighting. What type of teeth shall each mammal possess?

    Whenever I feel overwhelmed, I've only to put things into proper perspective by seeing God as he truly is - so much larger, wiser and creative than I. I have no idea how a plain caterpillar morphs into a butterfly inside its cocoon but God does. I can go to him with all my needs.

No comments:

Post a Comment