Sunday, October 20, 2013

What's Inside Comes Out

"The good man brings good things out of the good stored up in his heart, and the evil man brings evil things out of the evil stored up in his heart. For out of the overflow of his heart his mouth speaks."
Luke 6:45

     Self examination is never easy and rarely fun. When I look back on some of the things that have come from the "overflow of my heart", I am embarrassed. When I am stressed or fatigued, I am more apt to bite someone's head off. What rotten fruit I am producing! The hearer doesn't care how tired I am, and I can never erase what has been said.

     Lord, I can't do life alone. I want to build my house on the Rock by doing the right thing, by living the Word. Examine my heart and make it clean so that only good things are stored up, ready to spill out.

No comments:

Post a Comment