Sunday, October 13, 2013

Safe Delivery

"And I was delivered from the lion's mouth. The Lord will rescue me from every evil attack and will bring me safely to his heavenly kingdom. To him be glory forever and ever, amen."
2 Timothy 4:18

     I had a stressful week at work. By day's end, my mind and body felt battered, as if I'd been under attack all day long. But when I calmed down, I looked back at the week and saw the flowers of redemption that bloomed along the bleak path. There was a reassuring smile from a friend. Someone gave me homemade cookies. Another friend prayed with me at lunchtime.  Like a UPS package in the right hands, these kind souls are God's delivery men in brown along the way. He uses them to help me arrive safely in his kingdom.

     To show my appreciation, I must pay it forward, helping to deliver others along the way. When I see someone else struggling, I must offer my hand, send words of encouragement, smile. We're all in this together.

No comments:

Post a Comment