Sunday, October 20, 2013

The Caretaker of God's Property

"But Christ is faithful as a son over God's house. And we are his house, if we hold on to our courage and the hope of which we boast."
Hebrews 3:6

     Sometimes, my husband and I go on a trip. We ask our daughter to look after the pets and property while we are gone and we never have to worry about anything because we know she will care for it as if it were her own. She grew up in that house and, therefore, has a special affinity for it.

     My faith in God makes me a part of his house; Christ, his Son, is my caretaker until I leave this world. He's not going to let anyone break in. If the refrigerator breaks down, he will fix it before the food spoils. He'll even water the houseplants. Why would I ever choose not to trust in Him? In the same way I trust my daughter, I place my confidence in the Caretaker of God's property.

No comments:

Post a Comment