Friday, June 18, 2021

To Whom is Your Allegiance?

 "But if serving the Lord seems undesirable to you, then choose for yourselves this day whom you will serve, whether the gods your forefathers served beyond the River, or the gods of the Amorites, in whose land you are living. But as for me and my household, we will serve the Lord."            Joshua 24: 15

    In Fairfax County, Virginia, school board member Abrar Omeish, who doubles as a spokeswoman for the organization "No Muslim Ban Ever," gave the commencement address at Justice High School. Prior to her speech, a student recited the Pledge of Allegiance, replacing "One nation under God" with "One nation under Allah."

    Shockingly, the time is well upon us when we, as Christian Americans, must declare with a fervor our allegiance to the one true God, even when our country does not. We must not sit on our haunches in apathy awaiting a divisive situation to come our way while the storms of paganism brew beyond the portals. That which formerly seemed distant is now in our living room.

    Christians in Ethiopia are not deterred from sharing the gospel with their Muslim neighbors, even at great expense. After leaving Islam for Christianity, Nagawo and his wife, Faizah, worked tirelessly to further the gospel. In 2017, Islam extremists torched their home and killed Nagawo. Despite her deep sorrow, Faizah told Voice of the Martyrs, "Even while the flames were shooting up, I was thanking God. And even when I saw that my husband had died, I maintained my relationship with Jesus. He has helped me pass through these difficulties," she continued, "and I believe that He will help me even more." 

    Pray now that, when push comes to shove, your faith will not suffer loss. Daily devour the scriptures as you don the full armor of God. The battle is upon us every day. Stand up, stand up for Jesus!

    "Let us fix our eyes on Jesus, the author and perfecter of our faith." Hebrews 12:2

 

No comments:

Post a Comment