Sunday, March 8, 2015

Part of the Family

"Yet to all who received him, to those who believed in his name, he gave the right to become children of God...The Word became flesh and made his dwelling among us."
John 1: 12, 14

     "He gave the right..." It's his to give since all authority on earth and in heaven has been given to him. Galatians 4:7 says, "You are no longer a slave, but a son; and since you are a son, God has made you also an heir." What do I inherit? Eternal life! Salvation from the pit of hell! Hope for each day and the peace that passes all understanding!

     To be adopted into a family, a person is given the last name of that family. It's a gift, but one to live up to also. The Father who adopted you hopes you will not bring shame to his name, but if you should, there is forgiveness at the foot of the cross.

     Thank you, blessed Jesus, for becoming flesh, for rubbing elbows amid common sinners like me, telling us we are not condemned; go and sin no more. By receiving you, you have adopted me into your family. I have a seat reserved at your table. Help me to live up to your Holy Name.

     Thank you. I love you!

No comments:

Post a Comment