Sunday, January 25, 2015

Who is the Fairest in the Land?

"You also must be ready, because the Son of Man will come at an hour when you least expect him."
Luke 12:40

     Last night, I was watching a movie, "Mirror, Mirror," the tale of Snow White. Toward the end, when the evil queen was losing her hold on the kingdom, her wicked spells she'd cast on others were losing their grip also.  When this occured, Snow White was amazed to see the beast she'd been battling morphed into her father. When she had least expected it, there he stood in a crown of gold, reinstated at the helm of his kingdom. Those who had helped his daughter and had been found faithful followers in the combat against evil, were commended and rewarded by the grateful monarch.

     Just a fairy tale? Not really. All of us have a choice to make: will we remain bent on the evil deeds of our sinful nature, held captive by power, lust and avarice? Or will we turn our hearts to the Fairest Lord Jesus, the King of Kings? When he returns, will we be found faithfully doing our part to further his kingdom?

     I pray that, when I look in the mirror, I may see, not my reflection, but that of my Savior, who is the fairest in the land.
 
 
"Fairest Lord Jesus,
King of creation,
Son of God and Son of Man!
Truly I'd love Thee,
Truly I'd serve Thee,
Light of my soul, my joy, my crown."
 
(words from hymn "Beautiful Savior," author unknown)

No comments:

Post a Comment