Wednesday, January 21, 2015

Where Is The Justice?

"I will search for the lost and bring back the strays. I will bind up the injured and strengthen the weak, but the sleek and the strong I will destroy. I will shepherd the flock with justice."
Ezekiel 34:16

     I get tired of hearing about the bullies of this world - those who perpetrate evil against the defenseless and then are treated by our justice system as if they are the true victims.

     I heard a blurb on the news about a man on death row who was complaining about mistreatment during attempts to execute him via intravenous drip: "They poked my arm five times and it hurt." What crime did this man commit to land him in this predicament? He raped and murdered a baby.

     Where is the justice? Such news stories sicken me and I am a sinful human being. Imagine what our Holy God thinks?

     I embrace the love and justice of the Good Shepherd. He is One who upholds the lost, the injured, the ones who have strayed. He will give us strength and oppose those who "shove with flank and shoulder, butting all the weak sheep with your horns." (Ezekiel 34:21)

     Jesus, who saves us, will rule with justice. He will judge fairly and make things right. I live for that day.

No comments:

Post a Comment