Friday, May 23, 2014

Running Smoothly

"For we are God's workmanship, created in Christ Jesus to do good works, which God prepared in advance for us to do."
Ephesians 2:10

     I am made to do good. Then, why do I sin?

     God created me in his image, in Christ Jesus, to do good works, but the Fall from grace has gummed up the works.

     I'm so glad God did not leave me there, in that condition, but kept working on me, providing a cure.

     When a frustrating task threatened to overwhelm me, my dad used to say, "Try to outsmart it." That is exactly what God did. He outsmarted Satan at every turn. Christ's death and resurrection cleaned out the rust and gum, oiling me with the Holy Spirit so I may run smoothly, accomplishing those good works God prepared in advance for me.

    

No comments:

Post a Comment