Friday, May 23, 2014

Can't Touch This

"My sheep listen to my voice; I know them and they follow me. I give them eternal life, and they shall never perish; no one can snatch them out of my hand."
John 10: 27 & 28

"We know that anyone born of God does not continue to sin; the one who was born of God keeps him safe, and the evil one cannot harm him."
1 John 5: 18

     As my father drifts deeper into dementia, I see a new personality that is surly, argumentative and negative. This usurps the man I knew as loving, easy-going and Christ-like so I wonder, "Does the devil have a hold on him? Could he segue in and take root in my dad's heart?"

     Thanks be to God, the answer is clear: No Way!

     Long ago, when this man asked Jesus to be the Lord of his life, the Holy Spirit took residence for the long haul. God is aware that disease is debilitating my dad's mind, but salvation is not a thing of logic. It's an affair of the soul.

     Nothing can separate us from the love of Christ. No one can snatch our hand from his. Satan can do us no harm. Hallelujah! Amen!

     Thank you, God, for you sweet scriptures. What a precious gift I hold when I open my Bible. All the answers I will ever need are right there, in black and white. I love you, Lord.

No comments:

Post a Comment