Friday, May 16, 2014

My Omniscient God

"I the Lord search the heart and examine the mind, to reward a man according to his conduct, according to what his deeds deserve."
Jeremiah 17:10

     My patience was under fire when I had to call a large company and proceed through a mind-boggling maze of robotic questions. After ten minutes of pressing this and that, being volleyed about like a ping pong ball, I finally got through to a real person. The robot had told me that my call may be monitored or recorded, so I guardedly restrained the torrent of hot words that perched on the back of my tongue. Still, I let the employee know of my frustration and, to her credit, she handled it very well, voice never raising. You see, she was also being recorded!

     How differently we would treat each other if every thought, word and deed were being recorded. According to the above verse, this is quite true! Everyone would rather be remembered for that one random act of kindness when they helped an old man with a heavy object. We would rather forget about the nine other times when road rage snarled our lips and steam came out our ears.

     Thank the Lord that Jesus died for our sins, nailing all our nastiness to the cross! Now, in the knowledge of the price that was paid and with the divine help of the Holy Spirit, may I keep from sinning and live a God-pleasing life.

     "Beware of the sin of looking down on those for whom Christ died. After all, He plunged into the sewage of a sinful world to save the likes of you and me. We, in turn, can share his grace with those who need it most." - Dr David Jeremiah

No comments:

Post a Comment