Saturday, February 15, 2014

I Love a Good Mystery

     In his letter to the Colossians, Paul spoke about the mystery of Christ, the indwelling of Jesus in our bodies as believers. In chapter one, he explained the supremacy of Christ:

  • He is the image of the invisible God
  • He is the firstborn of all creation
  • He is the creator of all things visible and invisible
  • He is head of the church
  • He is firstborn among the dead
  • Thrones, powers, rulers and authorities were created by him and for him
  • Through him, all things are reconciled to God by making peace through his blood shed on the cross
     The true mystery is Christ living in me! The hope of glory resides in me, a Gentile, a sinner, a woman!  Jesus Christ is a treasure trove of all the wisdom and knowledge from before the beginning of the world. He created invisible things. He has risen from the dead. He is the founder of the most complex equations in calculus or science. He has seen what lies beyond the galaxy. He fashioned man from the dust. He chose the intricate patterns found on an insect wing or in the depths of a cat's eye. He breathed life into a brontosaurus and watched it thunder across the plains. He knew about satellites and cell phones while men of old were sitting around the campfire.

     Christ is timeless, eternal, omniscient and he lives in me!

     The apostle Paul said in Colossians 1:29: "To this end I labor, struggling with all his energy which so powerfully works in me." Paul, who had approved of the stoning of Stephen, struck blind by the side of the road to Damascus, was then energized by the power of Christ to preach the Gospel. Imprisoned, beaten and persecuted, he was still a veritable display of God's power.

     Lord, remind me that this same energy is available to me. Remove my inhibitions so that your light shines from my eyes.

     Wisdom and knowledge from the Ancient of Days, dwelling in me, an everyday woman in Painesville, Ohio. What a mystery!

No comments:

Post a Comment