Saturday, February 15, 2014

Blinded by Faith

"We live by faith, not by sight."
2 Corinthians 5:7

     Recently, two men with opposing views had a debate online. One believed in evolution and the other, creationism. I stand with the second man in my beliefs.

     Living by faith means believing that every word from God is the truth. A true believer cannot pick and choose only the Bible verses they like best and then go their own way. There is a saying, "God said it, I believe it, that settles it." If He says he created the world in six days, then He did. If God says a worldwide deluge wiped out all save the contents of Noah's ark, then it happened. If He claims Christ rose from the dead, then He is risen indeed.

    If it seems to others that I walk blindly, then so be it. I would rather follow the Way, the Truth and the Life for all eternity than to fumble around in manmade ideals on this earth.

No comments:

Post a Comment