Saturday, June 1, 2013

Call Me a Bird Brain

"I led them with cords of human kindness, with ties of love; I lifted the yoke from their neck and bent down to feed them."
Hosea 11:4

     God's relationship with mankind is woven with love. Throughout the Bible, one thing is clear: God loves me so!
     I saw a baby bird following its parent around in the yard. It was peeping and chirping, adamantly following the one who was caring for it. It knew, despite its small bird brain, not to let the parent out of its sight. This wisdom came from an ordinary bird, largely unnoticed by passersby.
     God leads me with kindness, he lifts my yoke of burden as he bends down to feed me. All this, wrapped in ties of love!
     You can bet, like that bird, I'm going to follow him, never letting him out of my sight.

No comments:

Post a Comment