Friday, June 28, 2013

God, the Problem Solver

"Moses was troubled. He asked the Lord, 'Why have your brought this trouble on your servant? What have I done to displease you that you put the burden of all these people on me? Did I conceive these people? Did I give them birth? ... I cannot carry all these people by myself...If this is how you're going to treat me, put me to death right now.'"
Numbers 11:11-15

     It's interesting that this sort of bald grumbling by Moses does not anger God, rather the Lord saw the depressed state of Moses and he listened to him. Then, God came up with a solution. He spread the burden among seventy elders, bringing relief to poor Moses.
     Sometimes, we all feel burdened by other people or our circumstances. Maybe a mother of young children or a person who works in a busy office feels the pressure of caring for others. Even pastors need a break now and then. God understands this. If we, in all honesty, cry out for some help, God will never let us down. He will come up with a solution!

No comments:

Post a Comment