Thursday, May 16, 2013

Something to Crow About

"Father, I want those you have given me to be with me where I am, and to see my glory, the glory you have given me because you loved me before the creation of the world."
John 17:24

     Jesus knows he is loved completely by the Father and it is his desire to share that glorious love with the people of Earth - so much so that he was arrested and sentenced to die a criminal's death. While I was still a sinner, Christ did this for me and he wants me to be wherever he is. Why?
     "....in order that the love you have for me may be in them and that I myself may be in them." (John 17:26) There's the answer.
     This love is really something to crow about. It's too marvelous NOT to be shared. After all, "God so loved the world that he gave his only begotten Son..."(John 3:16) 
     I am drawn to stories of near-death experiences. The common thread of these is the profound, purest form of love they felt while in the presence of God. It must really be something for Jesus to want to share this with us.

No comments:

Post a Comment