Saturday, May 11, 2013

Co-Mission

"I have become its (the church's) servant by the commission God gave me to present to you the word of God in its fullness."
Colossians 1:25

     At first, I pondered in awe the fact that Paul was directly commissioned by God to bring the Good News to the Gentiles, but then I remembered the Great Commission that Jesus gave to all believers:
"All authority in heaven and on earth has been given to me. Therefore, go and make disciples of all nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father and of the Son and of the Holy Spirit and teaching them to obey everything I have commanded you." (Matthew 28:18-20)
     God and I have a mission to accomplish: to teach others the Good News. We have all sinned and fallen short of the glory of God. No one is pure, not one, but God loves the world so much that he gave his only Son to die on the cross and pay for our sins. He does not want anyone to perish! How will folks know unless they are told?
     Teach me, O Lord, to be a blabbermouth of the Gospel.

No comments:

Post a Comment