Thursday, May 16, 2013

Plain and Simple

"Now this is eternal life: that they may know you, the only true God, and Jesus Christ, whom you have sent."
John 17:3

     I love it when I find a plain and simple truth on a page. It's as if all the other letters and words fall away as a beam of light highlights what is most imperative. Where is the Fountain of Youth? How can I avoid the Grim Reaper? Plastic surgery, perhaps? More exercise? Refrain from smoking? Although those choices may help fend off the inevitable, they are temporary measures. Webster's definition of eternal is: without beginning or end, existing through all time, everlasting. To have life everlasting, one must know the only true God, believing that he came to this world to save us in the form of a baby on Christmas Day. His death is payment for my sin. He sacrificed his life for me.
Believe in Jesus, plain and simple.

No comments:

Post a Comment