Sunday, November 18, 2012

One Day At A Time

"Therefore, do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own."
Matthew 6:34

It does my soul good for Jesus to recognize what it's like to live in this fallen world. It's not easy to live one day at a time, yet that is all I truly have. Yesterday's spent; tomorrow is not guaranteed. Strive as I may, I cannot add one hour to my life. Planning for the future is wise, but worrying about it is foolish!
Recently, I was most troubled by news of a co-worker who received a dim prognosis. His cancer is inoperable; my heart bleeds for him. But, he does have today. That is all any of us have, for we are all dying eventually. Today is a gift to be opened with a sense of wonder. What is inside?

No comments:

Post a Comment