Saturday, September 15, 2012

Stand Your Ground

"Therefore put on the full armor of God, so that when the day of evil comes, you may be able to stand your ground, and after you have done everything, to stand."
Ephesians 6:13

What are the select pieces of armor? Truth, righteousness, peace, faith, salvation, the Word of God and prayer. Seven pieces - seven is the complete number in Scripture; this is all I need. What is missing from the list that I may consider necessary for battle? How about a weapon? A battle plan? A four star general would be nice. Justice and revenge, too.
As the muslims gather by the thousands at this time and storm the embassies, burning our beloved American flag, fear and anger strike my heart and I instinctively want to protect myself. After all, what if they were roaring down my street, storming my house? I want to be left standing; where's my gun?
Verse 10 of that same chapter says, "Finally, be strong in the Lord and in his mighty power." If the enemy storms my house, I can don the righteousness of Christ, stand on the firm foundation of His Word and wield my shield of faith knowing that the battle is between God and Satan, not me and another person. With confidence, I can say I already know who the victor is because I have read the last chapter in the Good Book!
Stand your ground!

No comments:

Post a Comment