Sunday, September 30, 2012

Oh Be Careful Little Eyes What You See

"I eagerly expect and hope that I will in no way be ashamed, but will have sufficient courage so that now, as always, Christ will be exalted in my body, whether by life or by death."
Philippians 1:20

I desire this type of fervor. How can I exalt Christ with my body? What do my eyes see when I read or watch shows? Do I listen to edifying music or messages? What comes out of my mouth, seamless praise or acidic gossip? Are my arms open in acceptance or crossing my chest, displaying closure? Lord, may I possess the smile Jesus showed to the children. May my feet never tire of going to church. May I be seen as eager and faithful because I know that you care for me, in this life and the next.

"For me to live is Christ and to die is gain." Philippians 1:21

No comments:

Post a Comment